“The Global Librarian: Information without Borders”
The Greater New York Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries Annual Symposium
December 2, 2011
The 2011 ACRL/NY Annual Symposium “The Global Librarian: Information without Borders” will focus on academic librarians who serve increasingly diverse populations, across a variety of platforms at home and around the world. As higher education becomes more global – and mobile – physical distance is no longer a barrier to teaching and learning. Through innovative use of progressive technologies, academic librarians are mastering the skills needed to navigate this expanding environment. At this symposium, we will see how information is not bound by physical borders – nor is the global librarian.
ACRL/NY invites you to submit a poster session proposal for the symposium. It can address any issue related to this theme. Examples follow:
- mobile devices, services and other innovative technologies used in teaching, reference, and professional communication
- role of social networking in teaching , communication, and professional development
- courseware design, online meeting platforms
- services to international student populations
- library exchange programs
- scholarly communication and open access
- literacy skills for distance education
- visual and/or technological literacy
- distance education librarians
- copyright in the international environment
- training programs and workshops to prepare librarians for work in the global environment
Please email a 100-200 word abstract of your poster session proposal to Symposium Planning Committee member Gloria Meisel at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 19, 2011. Include author name(s), email and telephone contact numbers, and the title of the poster session. Presenters will receive a reduced Symposium registration rate. The successful candidates will be notified in early October.
For some helpful poster pointers, check the “poster presentations” tab on the LibGuide at http://stjohns.campusguides.com/researchpresentation
The Symposium will take place on Friday December 2, 2011 in New York City at the William and Anita Newman Vertical Campus Conference Center, Baruch College, 55 Lexington Avenue (at 24th Street) Room 14-220 (14th floor).
For further information about the symposium and poster sessions, go to http://acrlnysymp2011.wordpress.com
We look forward to your submissions!
The 2011 ACRL/NY Symposium Committee