This started as a quick story about the CDC information page, but I decided to start collecting some interesting resources about the Swine Flu that have popped up.
The CDC has setup a swine flu information page.
Update 2: Google Maps Swine Flu tracking mashup.
- The New York Times has a “Tracking Swine Flu Cases Worldwide” with an interesting visualization.
- Roderic Page created a timemap of the swine flu, which allows you to scroll through a timeline and see the reports appear in different location.
- An interesting heat map of the swine flu on uMapper.
- CDCEmergency on Twitter has updates about the Swine Flu.
- “Spy” lets you track the Swine Flu conversations in social media. You can see how much Twitter dominates in the chatter.
- The Health Map Global Disease Alert Map.
Update 4: Cool use of LibGuides to create a information portal for Swine Flu.