The first 2006-2007 College of DuPage teleconference, Soaring to Excellence – “Best New Technologies: Keeping Up with the Storm,” will be shown this Friday, October 27, 2006. (A complete listing can be found after the jump.)
Viewers can see these live teleconferences on desktop computers via video streaming or via satellite downlink.
The New York State Library has arranged this statewide license on behalf of New York’s 7,000 libraries and library systems. There is no cost to local libraries and systems. For further information about the content of each teleconference and information on how to register, visit the State Library’s web site at http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/.
An online survey for the October 27 “Best New Technologies: Keeping Up with the Storm” teleconference will be posted to the DuPage web site soon. The names of all those who respond by November 17, 2006, will be entered in a raffle and one winner will be drawn at random. That person will receive a $100 gift certificate redeemable at Borders Books, Music, Movies and Cafes.
SCHEDULE OF TELECONFERENCES
- October 27, 2006 — Soaring to Excellence — Best New Technologies: Keeping up with the storm
- February 9, 2007 — Soaring to Excellence — Next Gen Librarianship: Where do we go from here?
- March 23, 2007 — Challenges and Opportunities — Library Transformation: Making it happen
- April 13, 2007 — Soaring to Excellence — The Best from the Web
- May 11, 2007 — Challenges and Opportunities — The Relevance of Libraries in a Digital Age